Monday, October 18, 2010

Weigh In Friday...UP 2 Pounds?

Ok then. 

I started boot camp last week and was super diligent about my eating. Tracking every little thing, and being very good. I did boot camp on Tuesday and Thursday. The trainer created custom work out plans for me, and I was there for over an hour each day.

On Friday I was actually EXCITED to hop on the scale to see my progress. To my astonishment, I had GAINED two pounds. What the heck? I drank tons of water, worked out, ate right....what gives?

Of the people I surveyed, they said "muscle weight." The dreaded "muscle weight." Growing up I always heard this. I was an athlete until I started college, and quit my intense volleyball workouts. I did have quite a bit of muscle, but that is something you don't really want to hear.

Anyway, I'm trying to not let it bother me since I am doing the right things. Just putting my head down and continuing the weight loss path. Hopefully this Friday will bring something different.

2 comments:

  1. My thoughts on this is that your muscles were probably swollen with fluids due to the workouts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't only weigh you self. measure yourself too! :)

    don't get too hard on yourself ... you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete