Tuesday, October 19, 2010

You Are What You Eat

So during my Weight Loss Adventures, I've learned a few things along the way. Like how many POINTS are in everything. Seriously, just ask me. (2 POINTS in a "glass" of Chardonnay)

One instance where it comes in handy is when I'm on the road. I travel quite a bit for my job (115k miles on my 2006 car) so I sometimes need to grab something quick...AND healthy.

My favorite go-to option is the Charbroiled BBQ Chicken Sandwich (6 POINTS)** from Carl's Jr. it's super flavorful, and with a Diet Coke (they don't have Pepsi, boo!) is pretty satisfying. We all know one can't survive just on BBQ Chicken alone (I tried), so there have got to be options. The only other item that is comparable is the Chicken Fajita Pita (6.5 POINTS) from Jack in The Box. The pita is whole wheat, and it has grilled chicken, lettuce, grilled onion and tomato. I had one today and it was fantastic. 

Not all chicken sandwiches are made the same. The BBQ Chicken Club from Carl's is 11 POINTS! Must be all that delicious bacon and cheese. Mmmm. A McDonalds classic grilled chicken sandwich is 9 POINTS, but the chicken nuggets are only 5. But really, who knows what is in those? Don't get me wrong, I love those little nuggets slathered in sweet & sour sauce just as much as the next person...but I know it won't keep me full. And they probably aren't really chicken. Just sayin'.

Now, if I'm really splurging and I take 15 minutes to eat (and not eat and drive at the same time which may or may not have resulted in many spilling situations) I love me a Panda Express Panda Bowl. The Mushroom Chicken with Steamed Rice option is 10 POINTS per serving. A little steep on the POINTS but man I love me some Panda. Nom. And the Spring Rolls are just 1 POINT. Sometimes I can't resist, "You want add Veggie Spring Roll?" Come on, you have to. Don't lie. We're friends here.

Anyway, when I get tired of eating protein bars, protein shakes or forget to bring a turkey wrap this is my go-to menu. Hopefully I have shed some wisdom on the wonderful world of Fast Food.

So basically I'm mostly a Chicken with a little Panda in me. Like a white chicken with black spots? Like a black eye? How do I explain that one? Maybe I shouldn't post things so late.


**A plain hamburger is 6.5 POINTS! Gross! Go for the flavor peeps. And thank me in the morning.

2 comments:

  1. I know you are going to hate me for this, but I need to get on my soap box for one second. The only wisdom that should be shed on fast food is to avoid it...ALWAYS. As many fast food joints as you can find off the freeway, you can find a grocery store just the same. Or you can use the number one rule of being prepared. It's not fat that is making people fat, it's processed foods. Just saying...

    ReplyDelete
  2. And one more thing:

    http://early-onset-of-night.tumblr.com/post/1206666159/say-hello-to-mechanically-separated-chicken-its

    ReplyDelete